Dream Recall Ritual
How To Recall Your Dream?
We all know that we dream every night, but did you know the average person has between four to seven dreams a night?
Dreams can give us warnings, premonitions, insightfulness or can be even lucid. Wouldn't it be great if we could remember our dreams and maybe start listening to what they are telling us?
After many years of trial and error - I've come up with a way that helps me to remember my dream/s.
What you'll need:
- A glass of water
Follow these easy steps:
- Plan to get a good night's sleep
- Put a pad and pen or pencil within easy reach of your bed
- Keep your alarm close to your bed.
- Don't eat, drink alcohol or take medication right before bed
- Calm your mind and body before bedtime (have a bedtime ritual)
- When you are ready to sleep, take the glass of water in your hand and drink half of the glass, whilst saying the following.....
"When I finish the rest of this glass fo water, I will remember my dream"
- Go to sleep with no outside influences (phone, tv etc.)
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER....
- As soon as you awake, sit up and drink the water - give it a few minutes
- Do not touch your hair/head....dreams tend to disappear when you do this.
This may take a few times to work, so be persistent and be sure to record in a dream journal your experience.