Bedtime Ritual & Dreaming Facts
Bedtime Habits & Routine For A Better Sleep
- Drink a herbal tea
- Put away electronics
- Keep room at a cool temperature
- Wash your face
- Brush & floss your sleep
- Have a good Stretch
- Get ready for the next day
- Write down what you are grateful for
- Use aromatherapy to enhance your sleep experience
- Read a book or meditate
The RELAXAT starter pack is perfect to help you on your way to a dreamy night sleep.
- Firstly, set the scene and light your candle to get the aromatherapy oils filling the air
- Secondly do your usual bedtime routine - brush teeth, prepare clothes for next day, brush air etc.
- Once you are ready to get into bed, pump a small amount of lotion into your hand and rub your hand together and take 3 deep breathes, while inhaling the scent on your hand
- With the lotion still on your hand (add more if you need), massage into the back of your neck/shoulders and wipe towards the front of your neck.
This will allow the aromatherapy scents of RELAXAT to waft and you will smell the scent as you are laying down to fall asleep.
Learn how you can remember your dreams click here
Sweet Dreaming All - Dream Facts
Here are some strange and unusual facts about dreams*
- 12% of people dream in black and white
- Blind people can still see images in dreams
- You can only dream about faces you’ve have already seen
- You become physically paralysed during Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep (where the most vivid dreams occur)
- REM sleep occurs every 90-120 minutes of sleep with each succeeding REM period becoming longer and longer. This explains why you may recall dreaming on weekends as you may sleep in longer an awaken from this stage of sleep.
- Within five minutes of waking up, 50% of your dream is forgotten
- The average person spends six years of their life dreaming
- On average you can have anywhere from four to seven dreams a night
* Source: Alaska Sleep Education Center